Pages

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

More changes

Well isn't it funny how things turn around.

That lovely job I was so excited about starting only lasted a little over four weeks.  I won't get into the details, but suffice to say what they wanted was different from what they asked and also from what I could deliver.  It's the only time in 32 years of working that I've been "let go" (as opposed to resigning or being retrenched).

As of yesterday I was given a week's notice and by this afternoon I've nabbed a two month temporary assignment at starting tomorrow! Can't afford to sit still for very long.

One thing I've learnt about myself in the last few months is my priorities have changed over the years.  I used to look for a job that would be exciting and challenging in a dynamic company, but lately I just want a fairly interesting job that gets me up in the morning and has nice people to talk to during the day.

So I'll try out temporary office work for awhile (it kept me in solid work for five years a lifetime ago) and meet lots of new people and see some different places.

**Joining up with Essentially Jess for #IBOT**

2 comments:

  1. Great to hear how positive you are about the changes, onwards and upwards! It's great you know exactly what you're looking girl in a job now. #teamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny how things just change on a dime isn't it?
    Love your attitude though. No doubt with that kind of thinking, the new job will be great :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. Keep 'em comin'! [All comments are moderated but all opinions are welcome.]