Pages

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Dreams and reality


I had a sick day today and felt the need to sleep in until 11am. That means weird morning dreams. You know the ones, they're really vivid and sometimes a little shocking. My dream was the type where you are dreaming inside a dream.

Briefly (because most people switch off when they're listening to somebody else's dream), I dreamt my parents had died (and they had in real life, several years ago) but I woke within the dream in their old flat on their old couch and they were sitting up at their old dining table.

So I was quite relieved that it was only a dream, but Dad was on my iphone (which didn't exist when he was alive) just finishing a call from my boss letting her know I was staying home sick today. I was frustrated with him because he wouldn't tell me what she said and he didn't know how to hang up. So I forgot my relief that he was alive and took the phone off him.

When I woke for real I was both sad, frustrated and ashamed.  Big, deep message in there for me somewhere.

***

To anyone that has been reading this blog for awhile, my apologies for not writing for such a long time - I have a million excuses but it mainly comes down to very little energy and next to no motivation.  I forget this place is for having a chat and I think I can't do a post unless it's perfectly done and interesting, informative or insightful with just the right picture. I've realised if I wait for that miracle to happen, I would never write again.  And I quite enjoy writing.

I promise I won't leave it so long next time.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing.
    My mum passed last year and soon after I dreamt of her a lot, but not so much now.
    I know what you mean by these types of dreams, they feel soo real and you wake with a deep sense of them.
    So glad I stumbled across you on Twitter :)
    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becci!
    I hope you're off writing your novel!
    You have such an authentic style and a willingness to go deep. The world needs more of this!
    Cheers,
    Candice xo

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. Keep 'em comin'! [All comments are moderated but all opinions are welcome.]